Welcome to Fine Print Pens
Dedicated to telling stories about a lifelong fascination with pens (and pencils!)
Greetings to one and all,
I recall when I was small that I spent my days (alone?) … no not always but I did spend a lot of time drawing spaceships and cars and battle-bots and… you get the picture.
The funny thing is that even though I’m older and have children to do all of the impromptu artwork that my refrigerator will take, I still find time to doodle and to write. Pen on paper.
I have a very nice collection of fountain pens, rollerballs, ball-point pens, brushes, markers, charcoals and pencils. Some of them never leave my shirt-pocket, some never see the light of day once they go into my cabinet. Maybe I can use this space to dust them off and share the stories of how/when/why I got them and more importantly why I keep them.
- Don’t you have any “nice” pens?(Here’s one for ‘Two for Tuesday’) I used to have a hair-stylist named… not going to use his real name – let’s call him “James”. James wasContinue reading “Don’t you have any “nice” pens?”
- ‘o’ the FOURTH kind of Pelikan found!How many children learned how to write with a pen like this? I gave one of these Pelikano pens to a friend; it brought him right backContinue reading “‘o’ the FOURTH kind of Pelikan found!”
- There are three kinds of Pelicans in this world… maybe morePelikan is one of my absolute favorite brands. (To me) the brand is a bit of an underdog; it doesn’t have the same reputation as a luxuryContinue reading “There are three kinds of Pelicans in this world… maybe more”
- My name is Giovanni Giorgio and I have a problem…Take a look at this picture; do you think I have a problem? …forgot some! People who know me know that I know watches. I’ve collected themContinue reading “My name is Giovanni Giorgio and I have a problem…”
- Why pens?…because we’re not telepathic! If we were I wouldn’t have had to tell you. #montblanc#omas#montegrappa#parker#Pelikan#Cartier#Sailor#pentel